Travelling by train
- Travel to the Braunschweig Hauptbahnhof (main train station). Travel Information for the German Railroad is available here: https://reiseauskunft.bahn.de/bin/query.exe/en
- Continue your trip from the main train station with a taxi or public transportation (public buses require about 30 minutes).
- The bus lines 411 towards "Lamme" and the 461 towards the "PTB" run regularly from Braunschweig Hauptbahnhof. Exit the bus at the "Bundesallee" stop.
- The bus stop is located directly at the entrance to the Thünen BVL Campus. The Thünen BVL Campus is very large. A walk from the main entrance to the Forum of the Thünen Institute, the main location for events, requires about 15 minutes.
Travelling by car
Braunschweig is accessible from both the German Autobahn A2 Berlin-Dortmund (East-West) and the A39 Braunschweig-Salzgitter (North-South).
- Coming from Dortmund (A2): Exit the Autobahn at Braunschweig-Watenbüttel heading towards Braunschweig. Continue on the B214 to Watenbüttel, make a right at the second light, and follow the road for about 2 km, then you will find the entrance gate on the right.
- Coming from Berlin (A2): Exit the A2 at Braunschweig Nord onto the A391 heading towards Kassel. Exit the A391 at Braunschweig-Lehndorf, turn right and follow the street for about 3 km. Then you will see the entrance gate straight ahead.
- Coming from Kassel (A7) and Salzgitter (A39): Exit the A7 from Kassel at the Dreieck Salzgitter onto the A39 towards Berlin/Braunschweig. At the Dreieck Braunschweig-Südwest exit to the A391 to the Braunschweig-Lehndorf Exit, travel towards Lehndorf. After about 3 km you will see the entrance gate straight ahead.
Travelling by plane
- Hannover Airport, transfer to main train station and then continue by train (hourly ICE and IC connections to Braunschweig).
- Berlin Tegel or Berlin Schönefeld, transfer to main train station and then continue by train (hourly ICE connections to Braunschweig).
Local public transport
- Mobile Ticket using App (Android, iOS): Verkehr-BS
- Further information: https://www.verkehr-bs.de/fahrplan/fahrplan-app.html